Monday 11 June 2012

I'M AN OGRE!!!

Well I've finally finished uni now and as a result i have lots of free time to waste.. which is great news for my warhammer armies!

I finished painting my witch hunter a few weeks ago but haven't got any pictures of it yet so that will have to feature in a later post.. i have however got a few pics of my first completed ogre models, two leadbelchers.

After play testing a few lists, these guys don't actually appear in my army anymore but i liked the models and they may find a place at 2000pts. (we'll see)...


 I recently purchased some army painter products (strong tone, dark tone, Matt varnish,white primer, some paints and some 'tufts') and so have been experimenting with all of them. I'm already a big fan of the quick shade dips and the tufts but was less satisfied with the white primer.. it is very thick and so you have to pay alot of attention and lightly dust the models with the primer.. other than that it works fine, but i'm a lazy guy and prefer games workshops primers which are much thinner.    


The quick shade dips i really can't recommend enough.. and although some may consider it to be cheating, they are great at getting an army painted to a decent standard quickly!

I'll upload more pics when i have time. In the meantime I'm working on converting Ogre bulls in Maneaters, as although i love the models i don't want to spend £90 in order to get 6... i've already made 2 of them and have a few pics so will upload them later in the week.

as always, comments are criticisms are welcome!  


No comments:

Post a Comment